Monday, June 30, 2008

Twin Lakes Demo!

Howdy Y'all!

Well, it's here on Thursday...

The annual Westmoreland Arts & Heritage feastival ant Twin Lakes Park outside of Greensburg.

Directions:
http://www.artsandheritage.com/directions.htm

Here's "the Good, the Bad, & the Ugly".

This year we were able to get five parking passes, so once again we will be recycling them like nothing else. We're in Lot B, the cozy one. Please contact me if you need a pass, and please don't be insulted when I go "Why?". We have quite a few guests coming from outside of our area and we need to amke sure that everyone has a chance to drop items off. OK, that was the "Bad" part.

I will be starting to set up Wednesday evening after work (5:30ish). The nice people running the feastival asked that we not continue to set up after dark, as it makes the security squirrels uneasy and much more prone to violence. Nasty wounds, those bite marks! Anyone wanting to swing by and lend a hand,... well, I am giving out sainthoods. (Goes with the crusader persona!)

Anyone with items to display, and are willing to have those items at the event throughout the weekend please contact me and I'll either arrange to pick them up or be ready to receive them. Come on, I'm offering sainthood here!

We'll be ready to go at 10:30 am on Thursday and will go until 8:00 pm each evening. Basically 'til around sunset. We'll probably toss dogs and/or burgers on the grill in the evening around close and all are welcome. Sunday evening is the break down, and once again, sainthood will be given freely... The mundane persona has to get up at 5:30 am.

This is going to be a fun event (see there IS a Good). We'll meet a lot of people and have a good time. I'll be in armor for the first time in around 15 years, so slap-stick (or slap-Otto) will be rampant. Oh yeah, that's the Ugly part...

Seriously, I want to thank everyone in advance for all of the help and assistance.

IS

Otto the Giver of Sainthoods

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My family will try to make it one day this weekend....should Rastaslav bring armor? He also brews but I'm guessing that bringing (alcohol even as a demo) is a huge no-no. Personally, I've not got much to offer, but a smile and basic info, but I'd be willing to sit a spell for the Dream. Do we know where we'll be set up yet?
Also, we have a Pennsic DVD that you could run (very non-period I know) to really let the folks see us in our own element. Just a thought.

Lee said...

"Oh yes", on the armor! I'll have armor there. Haven't been in armor for 15 years, should be spank city!

No on the alcohol & power supply.

We're on the east end of the pathway that runs between the upper and lower lakes. Can't miss us!