Monday, May 21, 2012

Priorities Part 3

In previous posts, I've asked myself why I belong to the Society for Creative Anachronism, what I want from the group and from my participation, and where the SCA falls on my list of life's priorities.  The first two questions were easy.  For the third, there are no easy answers jumping out at me.  Each situation requires careful consideration. 

I know that being part of the SCA has given me good friends, many of whom have become part of my family.  There is much I have to offer the SCA in the way of experience and, according to a dear friend, tenacity. 

I want to be able to enjoy myself, give freely of the time I have available, and continue to learn.  So, that answers my last question.  The SCA might not be first on my priorities at this point in my life, but it is near the top.  The time that I'm not committed to family and work will certainly continue to be filled by the Soceity and my friends there.

Rose

No comments: